Okay so I’ve been a little brief in my posts lately, and I apologise for that. Here’s the summary of things I have missed blogging in the past few days but haven’t failed to notice:
– The marriage of my dear friends, Michelle & Mick! Hope you had a wonderful day, and I wish you a lifetime of happiness, guys! I’m glad you had your family around you, and as quiet as your day was, you both looked radiant. We will have to have a small friends’ celebration when I’m down in Melbourne for Christmas 🙂
– BitTorrent, the file sharing service, is currently attempting to legimize its operations by seeking venture capitalist funding. One wonders if the VC funding will primarily go to paying BitTorrent’s legal bills for facilitating copyright violations.
– Google turned 7 years old yesterday.
– Another childhood hero has passed into the great unknown. Vale Don Adams. Oh Max!
– While I was disappointed my beloved Eels’ performance on Sunday, I’m now going for the Cowboys in the NRL Grand Final this weekend.
– My thoughts are with the Brisbane Graduate School of Business team at the Boston Consulting Group Strategy Competition grand final on today.
– The Brisbane Writers’ Festival starts tomorrow and the program looks fantastic. I’m afraid I probably won’t have time to see much of it, but I’ll see what I can manage.
– At some stage soon, I’d also really like to see Brisbane’s new shopping extravanganza, the Direct Factory Outlet. It’s been open nearly a month, I’ve driven past it to and from the airport but haven’t had the chance to get to it yet!
More geekery later.